IMEI Number or well known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity number is a unique identification or serial number which all the handset carries with it since the time it is being made. Normally, the IMEI number is of 15 digits long.
This unique identification code helps one to track his/her mobile in case of emergency and this is very much needed to be known by the owner.
Apart from it, the IMEI number can be even used by the owner to check if the warranty of the device is still available or not, based on information like activation date and phone number. One must understand the need for keeping the IMEI number because it helps in claiming the warranty. Therefore, even if there are many mobile phones that share the same model, it is possible to recognize a particular one with the help of the unique device identifier.
Changing the IMEI and device id of any android device is really not a good idea because there are many advantage or disadvantage but sometimes it helps us to take some extra benefit from our device.
Reasons To Change IMEI Number:
- To get a unique device ID: People do change their IMEI number to get a new id and this new ID provides a whole lot of services. These services are worth the struggle you do to change the IMEI number of your mobile.
- To make your device untraceable and unreachable: This is a way to make your phone appear off the grid. It will erase all the factory settings from the device and that will make it untraceable.
- To reset or repair or update your device: Some devices do not get updates after a certain point of time because the company wants them to buy new models of the device. But changing the IMEI number will get you more updates and enhance your experience. Some also use this to run custom ROM on their devices and this is the best method to do so
- To fix an invalid IMEI number problem on any device: Sometimes the devices are damaged when the software is run on the device. They are small errors in the network or some minor changes in the device. This all could be corrected or advanced by changing the IMEI number.
How To Find Any Android IMEI Number?
To find the IMEI or device ID of your Android device:
- To find out IMEI number of your device, you just have to dial *#06#.
- To find out device ID, you have to just dial *#*#8255#*#* and you will get your device id in GTalk Service Monitor.
If the above way isn’t good enough for you then you follow this particular way too – Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status.
How To Change Android IMEI Number?
Before proceeding towards the steps to change the IMEI number of your Android device, your device must be rooted and Exposed framework should be installed in your device. This is necessary because the device will protect itself from the work you do on it. Rotting your phone will be the better option as the factory settings will not work and the protocols will be deleted. In layman’s language, changing the IMEI number will be super-easy. Let’s get on with the steps.
- Open the phone dial and dial *#7465625#. If this does not work you can also try *#*#3646633#*#*. This will surely do.
- You have to click on the call pad and BOOM!!
- The whole CDS information about the phone on your screen.
- In the list, you will see a tab reading “Radio Information”.
- Click on it and see. There are two numbers (if your device has dual sim slots) or one number named as IMEI1 and IMEI2.
- To change the number type this: AT +EGMR=1,7,” IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,” IMEI_2”.
- At the IMEI_1 and IMEI_2 type any of your desired numbers.
- Then click on send
The process is over and the number has been changed.
This article stops here but you can read more articles on our website. There are many articles regarding tech and other things. There are some tricks as well which can help you in life. Do check them out. Share this article and comment down below how do you change your phone’s IMEI Number.